Formula feeding doesn't makes you less of a mom!

Being a breastfeeding mom, it has been always been an emotional challenge for me to accept the fact that I'll have to transition my little one completely from breastfeed to solids and than to formula feed!
Breastfeeding has been more an emotional journey and the foremost way to bond with my son!
I never thought i will have to transition so early!
As my little one turned one, i started losing weight. I don't exactly know the reason but it was partially because i didn't had family help at my hand and had to handle everything single handedly: My husband's needs, house needs, my baby's needs and than breastfeeding and i merely got time to take care of my own meals!( well you can say i was being careless on my own health and i had to pay for it later)

It became almost physically impossible for me to fulfil all these needs and than there came a stage when i almost collapsed !
So finally was suggested by everybody that since daily chores and daily needs can't be neglected so i must stop breastfeeding! #Don'tjudge
It broke my heart to even think of it but finally i had to do it! Because if something happens to me i had no one to take care of my boy!
But then came ny family to my rescue and they helped me alot in weaning my son completely off breastfeed!
I can understand the heartbreak a mom feels when she has to formula feed their baby!
Alot of people were there with me to distract my son whenever he cried for me!
But it took him almost 1 week to forget his dream feed!( night feeding sessions)
He would cry in his sleep in hunger and would refuse to even taste formula feed!
I had sleepless nights in this #momguilt!
But slowly and gradually my son forgot about breastfeeding and all thanx ro support of my family!

Well i must say all my fears were baseless!
I always feared my little one would no more be bonded to me but frankly telling he has became more attached and we share a stronger bond now!
Not breastfeeding your baby doesn't makes you lesser of a mom!

So whatever the situations, stay strong moms!
Because you'll never do anything wrong for your babies!
#mompower #dontjudge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun female previliges i would like to pass on to men

Love in the times of social media

My cup of tea